Syncrolift® is a market leader in design and development of customized docking systems and services to shipyards worldwide. Engineering activities are performed from our HQ in Vestby, Norway, while manufacturing is supplied from subcontractors.
Our company is made up of a team of dynamic individuals with a passion for engineering of existing and new solutions. We share a mutual enthusiasm for technology and innovation in our drive for continuous improvement.
Syncrolift® is part of the stocklisted Nekkar Group. Syncrolift® currently has a record high order book of more than Nkr 1 billion.
Technical Manager – world class shipyard solutions
Ships on land will not make money for the shipowner. Our vision is to design and provide smart solutions to reduce ships time on land.
We are looking for a Technical Manager who will lead the technical team, not only in design of existing contracts, but also realizes our vision by finding ever new and smarter solutions.
You will have the overall responsibility for the technical department incl. staff and technical deliveries. Candidates should have design experience, especially with arrangements where products act together to form a total system.
The Technical Manager is part of the company’s management team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Understand projects requirements, coordinate resources and direct the technical work within budget and schedule
- Responsible for work review, quality control and delivery of technical solutions to projects
- Effectively lead the technical team and inspire individuals to achieve goals through innovation, design deliveries and quality
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably optimize department
- Participate in projects with hands-on solutions
- Support Sales-, Projects- and Services departments with technical resources
- Communicate technical issues internally and externally
- Initiate and lead continuous improvement tasks in technical department
What you bring
- University degree in Engineering, Operations Management or other degree relevant to the position
- Minimum 5 years technical management experience
- Considerable experience and understanding of the design process
- Ability to see the synergy and interactions in a technical design
- The ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven and non-bureaucratic organization
- Strong leadership- and communication skills to interact with own organization, customers and suppliers
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written
- Hungry for a new challenge
What we offer
- Being part of a company that is world leading in innovative ship handling
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career opportunities in Nekkar (listed on Oslo Stock Exchange) group of companies
- Colleagues that will support you
Application deadline: Urgently
For more information please contact our advisor at CONESS Search & Selection: Ulf Sekkelsten, tel: (+47) 90520259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application as soon as possible. Due to GDPR requirements, applications must be submitted via our digital application portal.