Syncrolift is a market leader with products and services to shipyards worldwide. We operate locally in our main markets with company headquarter in Norway.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who will have the responsibility of the execution of the technical tasks assigned as part of a team or individually. You will conduct detail/conception engineering, design, repair, modification and documentation.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Identify customers requirement and bring effective solutions
- Execute and drive the given engineering tasks to completion (independently or part of a team)
- Ensure mechanical component designs have appropriate analytics, design/testing and production level verification
- Evaluate consequences, manage risk and make own decisions based on knowledge and experience from projects
- Estimate and control duration, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Identify changes, opportunities and cost savings for tasks assigned
What you bring
- University Degree in mechanical engineering or other degree relevant to the position
- Minimum 3 years relevant job history is required
- Experience with construction of electro-mechanical and hydraulic assemblies
- Qualified user of 3D design software such as Catia, SolidWorks or similar
- Good knowledge about Finite element method (FEM analyses)
- Independent, assured and customer-oriented attitude
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Demonstrate positive QHSE attitude
- The ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven and non-bureaucratic organization
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written
What we offer
- Being part of a company that leads the way to more efficient shipyards
- An ambitious and successful employer
- Career opportunities within the group of Nekkar companies
- An international work environment
About he company
Syncrolift AS delivers safe and efficient cost-saving solutions for maintaining and repairing ships. For more than three decades, Syncrolift AS has been an important supplier of ship-handling solutions for shipyards all over the world. The goal is to improve yards ship-handling efficiency with automated solutions.
Syncrolift is part of Nekkar Group. Nekkar ASA is a company based on an industrial philosophy utilizing smart design, digitalization and electrification to achieve higher efficiency and more sustainable solutions for multiple industries. The company is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange (until 1st August 2019 as TTS Group ASA).
For further information, please contact our advisor Ulf Sekkelsten, +47 905 20 259